Cryptocurrency industries are continuing to grow at an aggressive rate. Business owners in the blockchain and cryptocurrency field can reduce costs by ranking organically using search engine optimization (SEO). This Cryptocurrency SEO Guide helps cryptocurrency / crypto companies to acquire more traffic, attract new clients, drive-in sales and referrals to the company’s sites and expand their operations.
Without search engine optimization, businesses can’t reach their peak. Search engine optimization is one the most impressive and effective kinds of marketing available to crypto ventures. Crypto companies need to ensure that SEO is included in their digital marketing plan.
The web is over-saturated and SEO for crypto can be scary for newcomers in the field. However, by putting in the necessary time and resources, you can improve your search engine rankings by doing your SEO right. SEO helps crypto businesses to gain the trust of search engines and it is finely tuned to their target audience.
In this article, you will learn about blockchain and cryptocurrency SEO, why you need SEO for your crypto-related business, common SEO mistakes made by blockchain and crypto businesses, and much more. Read to the end to learn about the SEO strategy guide that will help you generate sufficient organic traffic and improve your search engine result page (SERP) ranking.
- What Is SEO For Blockchain And Cryptocurrency?
- Blockchain And Cryptocurrency SEO: All You Need To Know
- Technical Optimization
- On-page Crypto SEO
- Keyword Research
- What Exactly Are Keywords In SEO?
- Find The Crypto Keywords You're Ranking For
- Find the crypto keywords you want to rank for
- The importance of search intent for crypto SEO
- Off-site crypto SEO
- Top SEO Mistakes Crypto and Blockchain Businesses Make
- Strategies to boost your SEO for Cryptocurrency
- Metrics to Measure SEO for Crypto Performance and Results
What Is SEO For Blockchain And Cryptocurrency?
Cryptocurrency SEO involves optimizing your online presence to attract targeted traffic to your website from searches related to digital currency. Cryptocurrency SEO is coined from two words: cryptocurrency (broker, currency, wallet, seller or any digital currency) and SEO (digital marketing and optimization strategies). Crypto SEO involves traditional SEO practices but takes into account specialized keywords that relate to the blockchain and crypto community.
Cryptocurrency SEO helps you to get more organic traffic within the cryptocurrency niche. As the blockchain and cryptocurrency space continues to grow, SEO enables businesses in this industry to increase their website organic rankings, visibility and traffic volumes.
SEO for blockchain and cryptocurrency ensures a greater return on investment (ROI) for your crypto businesses. Although SEO for cryptocurrency and blockchain might sound like a huge task, it is a very important part of the overall digital marketing strategy that you shouldn’t ignore.
Why Do Crypto And Blockchain Organizations Need Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
SEO for crypto and blockchain industries is a cost-effective way of attracting relevant traffic to your website. There is a unique opportunity for effective marketing in the cryptocurrency and blockchain industry in terms of evolving technologies and high market volatility.
An effective SEO strategy can build trust and increase transparency which in turn helps to verify your business as an authoritative figure in the crypto space.
Currently, promoting cryptocurrency websites has limitations. There were extensive bans on digital cryptocurrency adverts in 2018 due to the fact that the industry has been associated with misleading practices. This makes organic SEO and ranking on search engine result pages (SERP) more important.
The best way to rectify the negative impact of paid ads ban on all digital advertising channels is to use SEO for your cryptocurrency business. Therefore blockchain and crypto organizations need to invest in SEO.
An effective SEO blueprint will rank your cryptocurrency site at the top of search engine result pages and increase organic SEO traffic for crypto-related keywords and phrases. High-quality traffic results in quality leads and attracts more clients, which boosts the profitability of your crypto business and ultimately increases generated revenue.
Benefits of Search Engine Optimization to Cryptocurrency Marketing
The only way to overcome the crypto ban within online advertising is to make use of blockchain SEO strategies within the digital marketing scheme. SEO seems to be massively underutilized by crypto business agencies globally.
It is however highly advised for every blockchain and crypto marketing team to spend some time on SEO-related activities. SEO is one of the most cost-effective ways to increase traffic and awareness of your crypto website. It helps you to work smarter and not harder.
An effective SEO strategy will improve your organic traffic for crypto keywords and also rank your crypto websites high in SERP. And in times when there are more and more traders, platforms, NFT games, and all sorts of crypto-related services, being easy to find online is a crucial first step.
Blockchain And Cryptocurrency SEO: All You Need To Know
Having the right SEO strategy will bring quality traffic to your websites. The basics needed to help you reach and overcome your cryptocurrency website’s organic traffic, search engine ranking, sales, and return on investments (ROI) goals include crypto-keyword research, technical SEO, link building, content optimization, and analytics.
On-Site Search Engine Optimization
On-site SEO accounts for 30% of Google’s ranking factors. It boosts every detail on your website, from page load speed to website audit, meta tag optimization, and internal linking. A top-notch on-site SEO for your website is important for achieving high search engine rankings. On-site SEO involves determining the right keywords that will attract new clients, and critically optimizing your website to its full potential.
Keyword Research For Crypto Businesses
The foundation for any successful cryptocurrency SEO strategy is to understand the keywords your target audience uses when searching online for your services or products. The first step is to understand your customers and the types of words they use to search for your business. Keyword research is important in creating an effective and efficient SEO strategy.
It often takes place in the early stages of your cryptocurrency website and campaign development. Keyword research helps to drive quality crypto SEO traffic, analyze content production and optimize cryptocurrency webpages. Finding the right keywords and tactically incorporating them is vital to the success of your SEO process.
When carrying out keyword research, you will want to find keywords relevant to the cryptocurrency market within the niche you operate. Gather several keywords, find high volume, low-competition keywords and infuse them in your campaigns.
There are keyword research tools that will assist you in selecting appropriate keywords to include in your website content. Some of these include Ahrefs, Ubersuggest and SEMrush. When conducting keyword research, the following are the most important things to consider:
Focus Keywords: These are keywords or phrases you want your crypto web pages to be found for when they search for them on Google or other search engines. Examples of crypto focus keywords include “Bitcoin”, “blockchain” or “Ethereum”.
Long-tail keywords: Long-tail keywords are longer and more specific keywords phrases for a particular niche. Long-tail keywords get less search traffic but have higher conversion values.
Examples of long-tail keywords include “best digital currency mining software”, “best crypto wallet”. Long-tail keywords are much more difficult to rank for. It is however easier to rank for long-tail keywords if they are longer and more precise as there is less competition.
When incorporating these keywords into your website structure to boost your crypto website organic traffic, avoid stuffing keywords into your content. The greater the amount of value you provide to users, the higher your ranking will be on search engine page results.
Competitive Research For The Crypto Market
This strategy gives you first-hand knowledge of your competitors. Competitive research involves researching the content and other elements of the content, like links and keywords a competitor used. Researching your competitor involves SEO keyword competition analysis, competitor backlink analysis, keyword gap analysis, and top content analysis.
Competitive research helps you to distinguish your competitor’s strengths and weaknesses. This will help you to determine how to tweak your SEO process for improved website performance. Competitive research helps you to determine who your actual SEO competitor is, what their target keywords are, and what you can do to soar above the competition.
Content Optimization Optimized contents play a major role in search engine rankings. While click-bait articles have grown popular, consumers have grown knowledgeable to identify sketchy cryptocurrency SEO tactics. An effective SEO strategy will include a content strategy that focuses on crafting original, in-depth, and quality content.
Quality content will boost your online presence by attracting more customers and increasing user engagement. While keyword research helps to boost your rankings, creating quality content and incorporating the keywords you gathered will help match your website with SEO crypto and blockchain keywords searches on Google and other search engines.
There is a probability to delve into cryptocurrency SEO techniques when talking about content. Although it is important, there is no need to follow technicalities if your content does not align with the readers’ intent. There is a need to ensure your content meets the needs of their readers.
Although cryptocurrency content is a bit technical, you need to create contents that are simple and logical. Newbies in the crypto niche should easily understand the content on your website. Your crypto website contents are required to include relevant keywords related to the products or services you render.
The main point of content optimization is to match content according to the buyers’ intent. And while your website content should be optimized for cryptocurrency SEO, it should correlate with a certain point of the sales funnel. It should also have a strong call to action.
Your content will be useless if it is optimized for crypto and blockchain SEO but does not address the readers’ intent. Search engine entries can be grouped into three types.
- Informational Search Queries: These are queries used by users when they are looking for certain information. Informational queries are used when a user wants an answer to a question or wants to learn how to do something. For example, “what is the best crypto wallet?”.
- Navigational Search Queries: These are search queries entered with the searchers’ intent of finding a particular website or webpage. It is used to find specific brands, products, or services. The user already knows what they want but needs to find out where to get it.
- Transactional Search Queries: These are queries that show the intent of users to execute a transaction. You can deduce from this type of query that the searcher is considering making a purchase now or in the near future.
Your website and server optimization are essential for SEO success. The performance and coding of your website is a significant part of online optimization. Search engines prioritize websites that meet their approved technicalities such as secure connection, responsive design and a fast loading time.
A website performance testing tool provided by Google allows you to examine how well your website performs. Optimizing the technical aspects of your crypto website will increase your ranking on Google. Eliminating bugs from your websites will benefit your search engine ranking. Also providing a better user experience will prevent visitors from abandoning your websites.
A cryptocurrency website has more technical features when compared to a regular website. So you’ll need to employ the services of an SEO company with substantial knowledge in crypto SEO.
The technical part of SEO is hugely important as it represents the basis of top-class user experience (UX). Good UX not only drives your search ranking but also helps you retain your website visitors or even turn them into customers.
On-page Crypto SEO
Let’s start with on-page (or ”on-site”) SEO. On-page optimization is a broad strategy that deals with many different aspects of your website’s content, appearance, and user-friendliness.
In opposition, off-page SEO is supposed to boost your rankings by off-site activities, such as link building or social media marketing.
There are numerous important on-page SEO factors that every crypto business owner should consider. Here are some of them:
On-page content optimization
A big part of on-page SEO efforts aims to improve your content. It’s not enough for your content to be readable and informative, although that’s a great start.
It probably means that once users come across your page, they will spend some time there, which sends positive signals to search engines about the relevance of your content and the quality of the user experience (UX) you provide.
But you need to go beyond that and make content readable not only for humans but for search engine bots as well. This tactic will make your page(s) visible and bring new visitors to your website, and then you can engage these visitors with actual high-quality, helpful content.
This step is crucial, as no amount of great content on your website will be able to do any good if nobody can find it in the first place. And in growing, competitive sectors such as cryptocurrencies, getting any visibility can be very difficult. So how does cryptocurrency SEO help you reach people?
Optimizing Headers and Titles
Let’s start with the basics. Search engine bots (or “crawlers”, or “spiders”, or simply “bots”) lurk around your pages regularly, trying to understand their meaning and their structure.
So you need to direct these bots to the most important elements on the page by using specific tags. In the case of titles, headings, and subheadings, these are called title tags and H tags.
Crawlers won’t assume that a page element or a phrase is important just because it’s written in large font or because it’s positioned front and center. That’s why you need to emphasize that in your code.
Thanks to the H1 (and H2, H3…) tags the crawler will understand that these phrases represent headings and it will easily identify the main topic of the article as well as get a good idea about the structure and the hierarchy of subtitles and subtopics.
Here are a few best practices for titles and subtitles to improve your SEO:
- Make them specific, straightforward, and descriptive so there’s no doubt what a certain section or the whole article is about.
- Use relevant keywords (more on that later)
- Try using words and phrases that are commonly searched together with other terms, such as “top…”, “best…”, “how-to…”, and so on. Adding numbers (“7 best ways to…”, “9 perfect places to…”) also increases your traffic and click-through rate (CTR).
- Turning subtitles into questions you’ll answer right away in the same paragraph can do great things for your rankings and your visibility
SEO parameters used for ranking pages are basically all about providing a quality user experience. And reading huge blocks of text uninterrupted with any visual content can be a bit monotonous and tiresome.
Adding an image to your post increases engagement and the time users spend on your site. That’s why visual elements are vital. First of all, people are 94% more inclined to view content with photos than plain text.
Secondly, 27% of all searches across 10 major search platforms are image searches and you don’t want to miss out on that opportunity to gain exposure. Infographics and especially videos also perform very well and improve a number of crucial on-site metrics.
Optimizing images for search engines has two important aspects – formatting them the right way so they don’t slow down your page and adding relevant metadata that can be understood by bots.
As for the former, you just need to keep your images light and compressed so they won’t affect page loading speed. Speed is a very important UX factor and can seriously hurt your cryptocurrency website’s SEO efforts.
And as for adding relevant metadata, just make sure you add a descriptive file name (so IMG_1193 is absolutely out of the question) and a specific and detailed alt text that will help crawlers “see” what exactly is in the image.
For instance, if you’re describing a picture of a black dog, alt text “animal” or “Buddy” is just a bad idea. However, “black dog with short hair jumping on a man” or “happy black Rottweiler playing with his owner” is much more searchable and makes more sense. Always try to be as informative and specific as possible.
Meta descriptions are another way of helping Google’s algorithm, as well as users, understand what your page is about. It’s that tiny piece of content that appears just below the page title in the search results.
These need to be short, succinct, engaging, and should, most importantly, tell what the article is about or tease the users to find out more about themselves by clicking on the link.
A good meta description can do wonders for your CTR. Just keep it simple and have in mind that Google cuts them off after 155-160 characters, so ideally, that should be your upper limit.
In order to make your content as structured as possible, you should use schema markup. It’s basically lines of code you add to the text that help Google recognize pages or parts of content that carry some sort of special information.
For instance, you can indicate that the page is about an event or a product, or you can suggest that a certain part of your article contains questions or listicles.
Now, this is hugely important as Google uses this methodology to single out featured snippets. These snippets are sometimes referred to as a zero-position result as they noticeably stand out from all the other first-page results.
Featured snippets can help you boost your traffic significantly and improve page authority. Using FAQ or how-to schema in your educational content can make it much more visible and easier to find.
There are already many cryptocurrency-based websites publishing their educational content, so you need to use all the available tools to gain a competitive edge. Using markup schema is a great way to do it.
In 2020, more than 54% of all online traffic worldwide was driven by mobile devices. Of course, the growth of mobile traffic is a trend that shows no signs of slowing down, so it will become more important to offer a flawless mobile experience to your visitors.
The crypto industry demands you to be agile, adapt rapidly to new circumstances, and act quickly. Crypto traders have to be like this regardless of the time and place, so it’s hard to imagine a trader that doesn’t use their mobile phone to do business or read news about the crypto industry.
All this means that if your website is poorly designed for mobile, users won’t have much patience with it. Your bounce rate will skyrocket, the time that users spend on your site will plunge, and all this sends very bad signals to Google.
In fact, as much as 73% of web designers believe that the top reason why people leave websites is non-responsive design. So make sure that the design of your website is responsive and that everything looks and reads well on a mobile screen.
Of course, there are other important design features that will affect your SEO. Now, Google definitely won’t judge the aesthetics of your website, but some people will leave because of that – for example, 21% of consumers say they will leave a site just because of “outlandish” colors. Again, this points to UX problems on your website and search engines will find a way to penalize this.
Page Loading Speed
The most important consequence of bad design, however, is poor functionality. Above all, this goes for page loading speed.
There are many statistics proving just how vital it is to have a fast website. In an era where every second counts, especially in the crypto market, you can’t let your visitors wait for the page to load.
Because they won’t. As for Google, their algorithm will notice people leaving your website quickly – which will be taken as a bad indicator – and penalize you separately since page loading speed is an important ranking factor in itself.
So it’s double trouble for website owners who aren’t able to speed their websites up. But the solution can be quite simple sometimes. First of all – check your hosting. Some free hosting services are free for a good reason. Avoid shady shared hosting providers as they often can’t support your website appropriately, especially if it starts growing.
The other thing you can do is make your website “lighter”. Very often, the reason for slow loading speed is that the website was developed carelessly and unprofessionally.
Sometimes, the problem is a bit simpler and stems from poor image optimization. Uncompressed images can be huge and take seconds to load. And if you have several of them per page (as you should), well… do the math.
Just replace them or resize them and you could see a big difference. It’s either that or paying much more money for the hosting services.
Internal and External Links
To boost the SEO of your cryptocurrency website it’s crucial to use the benefits of both internal and external linking.
As for the external links, a couple of links to highly relevant websites in your article will suggest to Google what the article is about and that you use legitimate sources in your research. This tactic isn’t all-powerful but it can give you a little push towards the top rankings.
Internal links are more important. Crawlers use them to find their way around your site easier and to make sure they’ve indexed every page on your website. Links create “corridors” between pages used by the bots to get to know your website better.
Also, there’s a more direct way internal links boost your rankings. Namely, every time a high domain authority website links to one of your pages, Google will see that as a positive signal and proof of your trustworthiness. This is called backlinking and we’ll get to that later in the article.
Now, you can do the same thing with one of your own high-authority pages. Linking from this page to a lower-ranked page can help the latter inherit some credibility. Building a network of these links can make this “link juice” flow in all directions between pages and help you rank for important search phrases.
Finally, while we’re speaking of links, make sure your URL is optimized as well. URL structure should always reflect the hierarchy of the website instead of just containing random numbers and letters.
Furthermore, it shouldn’t be longer than 4-5 words and it ought to include keywords and other important phrases to further help crawlers to get to know the page in question.
Some other UX tips to improve the SEO of your cryptocurrency website:
- Pay some attention to formatting the text and the images. Too often, users leave websites because of small fonts, strange alignment, absurdly colored letters, uncomfortably large images, or odd spacing that makes the text unreadable.
- Include an auto-generated table of contents with hyperlinks that will take visitors to the desired paragraph
- Try optimizing some pages for voice search as well, especially the ones you think people will search for on the go. This means going for mobile-friendly design, using conversational language, optimizing for local search, investing some time in FAQ pages, focusing on long-tail keywords, and more.
- Keep your website architecture simple. Too many layers of hierarchy may make it difficult for crawlers to find and index all the pages. A general rule of thumb is to enable users to get to any page on your website in 3 clicks or less.
Another very important aspect of content optimization is keyword analysis.
In order to get the most out of your content, you need to know which exact phrases people are searching for. Then you can build your content strategy around chosen popular crypto-related keywords and topics.
What Exactly Are Keywords In SEO?
Keywords represent one of the basic methods used by Google to rank pages. Speaking in the simplest possible terms, the search engine takes a search query and matches it up against your content, looking for the very words used in the search query.
If there’s a match and the bot finds the desired terms in one of your pages, that page might just get ranked, depending on how credible and how SEO-friendly it is already. For instance, if someone types in “crypto wallet” and you happen to have it mentioned on a page, Google might list you among their search results.
Of course, getting the page to the actual top spots in the search demands much more optimization efforts than merely mentioning the keywords in your article, but starting with a solid keyword strategy is an absolute must. Let’s see how it’s done.
Find The Crypto Keywords You’re Ranking For
Choose & Use A High-Quality SEO Tool
A good way to start is to find out which phrases you’re already ranking for. You can do that using various digital tools. These can either be website analytic tools or keyword research tools or, even better, a more general search optimization tool that offers both of these features (plus many more) and could help you with multiple aspects of SEO for your crypto website.
So you choose a tool, check your traffic sources, find out which keywords bring the most people to your website, and then try building on this. Focus on optimizing pages with these keywords and getting them as highly ranked as possible to increase exposure.
A good SEO tool will help you with the strategic placement of more keywords that will further enhance the content. Of course, it can also analyze and help with numerous other on-site and off-site SEO details.
Use the obtained knowledge beyond SEO
You can gain a lot of useful knowledge from this part of the research. You’ll learn what interests people the most about the crypto market or what they like the most about your product or service. This valuable user feedback should affect not only your SEO but also your marketing strategy and product development.
Finally, you’ll also be able to identify your weak points. If you’re not ranked for any terms related to your unique selling proposition (USP) or your premium product or other terms you find crucial for your business, you’ll want to change that as soon as possible. Here’s how you can determine key phrases that can help you optimize your most promising pages.
Find the crypto keywords you want to rank for
Keyword Strategy and Content Strategy
So now it’s time to explore more keywords that can boost your rankings. And in order to find the most valuable search phrases, you’ll need to use SEO tools extensively.
Also, to create a full-fledged keyword strategy, you need to have some kind of a content strategy already in place. This content strategy will surely be later influenced by your choice of keywords, but you need to have a good general idea about what you’ll be doing with your content.
Usually, the best bet is providing educational, engaging content related to crypto business that can attract people to your website, and if there’s enough of this content, maybe even persuade them to come back.
Keyword Volume vs. Keyword Difficulty
Now, these educational articles should be written with keywords in mind. Tools can help you in various ways here. Most importantly, for any keyword, the SEO tool will tell you its volume and difficulty. Keyword volume is simply the number of times a certain phrase was searched over a specific time period (let’s say a week or a month).
Keyword difficulty, on the other hand, expresses, unsurprisingly, how difficult it is to rank for a particular search phrase. In essence, it tells you how much work you need to do in order to beat the competition for that phrase for one of the top spots.
Here, you should find a balance. Ideally, you’d want to rank for large-volume keywords, but sometimes you’ll just waste your money to see no results since you can’t really compete with large brands that have huge digital marketing budgets and resources.
At first, try going for less popular or mid-volume queries you can realistically rank for, and then try gradually building up your reputation before turning towards some really competitive keywords.
Another great way to boost your keyword strategy is to use long-tail keywords. For example, you take a regular search term, such as “cryptocurrency”, and you add more terms to make it more specific, for instance, “cryptocurrency mining for beginners” or “how to pay taxes on cryptocurrency income in Canada”.
Obviously, long-tail keywords will have a much lower search volume but also much less competition. Furthermore, the users searching for such specific terms usually know exactly what they want to read, and if you offer them just that, there’s a great chance they’ll end up visiting your page.
That’s why long-tail phrases usually have a higher CTR and bring more qualified leads than regular phrases, and any advanced tool can generate a ton of these for you based on your targeted short-tail keywords.
Users with highly specific queries can be very valuable, both as visitors who consume your content (if your content is specific enough to meet their needs) and as potential customers in the long run.
The importance of search intent for crypto SEO
There’s one more crucial thing to keep in mind. Google’s algorithm is constantly evolving. And because of how it evolved in the last few years, now it uses more contextual analysis than ever before.
What does that mean?
It means that it’s not enough to just stuff your page with certain keywords, wait for the crawler to get fascinated by this, and enjoy your first place in the rankings. Today, Google is much better at understanding natural language, which puts focus not necessarily on the terms in the query but on what they mean.
In other words, this puts focus on user intent. So you’ll need to understand that intent and answer it, rather than just replicate the same words the searchers often use.
For instance, if you type in “the best NFT marketplace”, you usually don’t expect a detailed article about the best actual marketplace, but instead, you expect a list of the really good ones with short descriptions that can help you choose the best one for you. Or if you ask “where can I buy XRP”, you don’t want to see a page that merely poses that question, but the one that actually answers it.
Google’s algorithm recognizes this and favors pages that understand user intent correctly. However, this doesn’t mean you should give up on using the exact keywords you expect people to search, but that it’s simply not enough sometimes.
Keywords do help you get noticed, but in order to get to the top few results, you’ll need to pay attention to user intent as well. In general, keyword research uncovers what people search for and why they do it.
The benefits of this analysis go beyond the field of SEO. Thorough, well-executed keyword research can inform your decisions about your content strategy, product development, as well as some other, more general business decisions.
Off-site crypto SEO
Off-site SEO is crucial to the success of your crypto website. It provides a critical component that many organizations tend to overlook while developing their SEO strategy. Off-site SEO is concerned with link building and social media engagement.
Backlinking or Link building
Link building is valuable in the crypto niche filled with dubious get-rich-quick schemes. It helps to build credibility and authority which are important factors for search engine rankings.
Link building is getting other websites to link back to your website. It is one of the more traditional SEO methods in digital marketing. Building links to your crypto website might be a time-consuming part of an SEO strategy because it takes time.
The first thing you need to know is that not all links are equal. A link from a high authority site, like Bloomberg, has a greater impact than a link from a new website. Also, in order to receive referral traffic, you need to build relationships with other websites, brands, thought leaders, bloggers, and businesses.
One of the most effective ways to achieve a strong backlink profile is to create high-quality content that inspires others to share. You can evaluate your competitor’s backlink profiles to determine their link sources. Another way is to build relationships with key influencers in your niche to earn links. You can also get high authority platforms to syndicate your content.
Backlinking helps Google to reward your website with a higher ranking. You can reach out to a professional SEO agency to assist with this SEO technique. They have the necessary resources to analyze which platforms best provide the highest cryptocurrency SEO rankings.
Social Media Engagement
Google modified its algorithm to benefit web pages that receive social engagement. Developing a quality social media strategy that complements your search engine optimization will profit your SEO process. Social media engagement and SEO complement each other.
You can integrate your search engine optimization strategy with your social media strategy if it is properly optimized. This will complement each other and result in a positive feedback loop for your brand. Social media helps to produce traffic and enhance engaging volumes.
A highly involved audience is an asset and boosts your online visibility through shares and attention. You should encourage your users to broadcast content on your platforms to better enhance your engagement.
Analytics is used to monitor and evaluate the progress of your effective digital marketing campaigns. It is impossible for you to determine which SEO strategy and crypto website content is performing well.
Analytics helps you to determine which channel generates the best engagement, what type of content generates the highest traffic, and whether your website is ranked high in SERP. With data obtained from the analysis of your SEO strategy, you can make informed decisions about your strategy and budget.
You can make changes and improve the contents on your crypto sites to make your website rank higher and get more sales or improve the page load speed.
Top SEO Mistakes Crypto and Blockchain Businesses Make
There are several technical elements that can make or break your company’s website success with organic search. There is good SEO and there is average SEO for your website.
Constructing the right website is more than just understanding and excelling at the industry in blockchain and crypto. Knowing what to avoid in your SEO process will help in making your SEO strategy effective. The following are common mistakes that you should avoid around crypto SEO.
- Absence of a website structure: Your website structure defines the user experience. A sub-standard website structure will cause your site’s user experience to be affected. A well-designed website structure will foster an excellent user experience. The aim of having a website is defeated if your users can not easily navigate your websites in order to obtain additional information about your products or service, or to make purchases. Your website layout, design, page title and all should be directed towards your business goal.
- Incorrect Keyword Usage: Another common mistake often overlooked is the use of incorrect keywords. The use of wrong keywords will negatively impact your cryptocurrency SEO. The web environment is very competitive and you must understand the keywords that are required to make your website rank higher. Knowing the right keywords to rank for versus what other businesses are ranking for goes beyond keyword research. You need to know where your competitors are located to determine whether to use the same keywords as they are. This will further help you identify easier winning opportunities. Not using enough keywords in content is another common mistake made in cryptocurrency SEO. There is a clear difference between stuffing content with a few keywords over and over again and using a combination of different related keywords. Using latent semantic indexing (LSI) keywords in your content will further help you to rank for more keywords. Latent semantic indexing keywords are words that are related to the main keyword. LSI keywords help search engines to better understand the content on your web pages. LSI Graph tool can help you to generate LSI keywords.
- Google regularly improves its algorithm towards awareness of context by using more closely related keywords to improve ranking in search engine result pages (SERP).
Not using CMS platforms Several web developers do not run their blockchain projects or services using content management systems (CMS) web solutions such as Joomla, WordPress, or Drupal. Many Web3 developers are not comfortable using web 2.0 technologies. Therefore, creating a custom-built HTML website requires the aid of front-end designers to further implement minor changes. However, A CMS lessens this trouble and allows changes to be made quickly to your website. All of these have great advantages for your SEO process.
Ignoring Blogging Blogging is one of the important factors needed for improving your SEO and ignoring it can be a dangerous mistake. Blogging helps to improve the quality of your cryptocurrency SEO by authenticating your website as a reliable source of information for your customers. It helps to connect your crypto company with its target audience. Blogging is also a way to keep your website up to date. Releasing new content regularly on your website shows search engines that your website is active and saturated with new content. Search engines can be demanding at times, and will not offer outdated websites to searchers. Therefore, when you publish new content regularly and optimize your blog, it helps to increase your visibility by providing search engine algorithms with the reason to index your website more frequently.
Using Medium as a blogging platform Although blogging is vital in improving your cryptocurrency, many businesses make the mistake of using Medium as their blogging platform. Despite that Medium is a popular online publishing platform used to share online content, the main problem with businesses using it is that Medium owns all content posted on it. Up until 2019, Medium did not allow canonicals which means that they would receive all SEO equity for the articles posted on their platform. Instead of uploading your articles on Medium, you can create a blog functionality for a website and you can promote all information, blog posts, and articles via social media.
Creating One-Page Websites Creating a one-page website can harm your website’s chances of ranking high on search engine result pages. Instead of creating a single web page that covers all the various services you offer, contact details, and an “about us page, it is crucial that you create a website with multiple web pages. The pages can be optimized for different sets of keywords which will further increase your ranking for these keywords. The best way to make your website more SEO-friendly is to create a homepage that shows the main product or service your crypto business offers. The homepage should be designed to link to new pages for each of the topics addressed on it. You should focus on long-form content for your blockchain business. You should avoid creating thin content that is less than 400 words for your web pages. Your content should be between 1,500 to 2,000 words long. You should optimize one keyword per page and one page per topic.
Not Using Keywords In Page Titles Many believe keywords are not required in the title and only the brand must be emphasized. Keywords are important in the foundation of the web. Unless your brand is a major brand like Amazon or Coca-Cola, it is essential that you indicate to Google what your brand is and what it offers. Keywords are determined by what the target audience searches for and it allows people to find a website on search engines without having to know your brand name. It is important that you use keywords in your web page’s title and headings (H1-H5). For instance, if the keywords that best describe your crypto company is “blockchain technology solution”, the appropriate title for your homepage should be: Blockchain Technology Solutions | Company Name.
Subdomain Abuse In the case where CMS is not utilized, expanding the functionality of your website such as new pages will sit on a subdomain. Placing secondary pages on a separate subdomain is not great for your SEO. Having secondary pages on a subdomain is problematic for your SEO because each time you create a subdomain the SEO value of the original domain is split. Google sees each subdomain as a separate website, so any backlink acquired will not be passed to the new subdomain. This means that these individual pages will not add up to your SEO efforts. You need to merge all pages into a single domain. This can be achieved through any CMS. CMS solutions have plugins and extensions that make it easy to utilize the expanded functionality without creating subdomains.
Strategies to boost your SEO for Cryptocurrency
To improve your organic traffic and better rank in SERP, you need to concentrate on both On-site and Off-site SEO. Below are a few vital strategies that can help you improve your blockchain and crypto SEO.
- Stay Updated With Cryptocurrency Business Trends Understanding the trend in the cryptocurrency niche is crucial to improving your crypto business. With new players in the industry and several continual regulations by the government, tracing the trends in the niche is important. Being updated with happenings in the crypto market helps you to utilize those trends to improve your business. This helps you to quickly adapt to the changes happening in the crypto industry which assists you to beat the competition. You can make use of Google Trends to keep track of occurring new trends.
- Determine what people are searching for in the cryptocurrency niche Performing thorough in-depth keywords research is a very important step in your cryptocurrency SEO. Keyword research gives you a click on what people are searching for and the intent behind it. Most of the searchers’ intent in the crypto niche is directed towards finding information rather than purchasing. Understanding the intent of the searcher enables you to create a good keyword strategy for your goals. Tools such as Ahref, SEMrush, and Google Planner can be utilized for in-depth keyword examination. You need to examine the keyword volumes before optimizing them in your on-site volumes.
- Analyze Your Competition To enter into the crypto market filled with big players like Bitcoin, EOS, and others, you need to understand your competitors. Understanding your competitors will give you insights on developing better techniques that would quicken your company’s growth. Analyzing your competitors helps you to know what they are doing and how they rank in the search engine result pages. Some of your focus when analyzing your competitors include:
- SERP position
- Backlink profile
- Content strategy
- Social media presence and engagement
- Sile loading speed and other SEO parameters
- Publish quality content Produce quality content that is accurate and up to date for your site users. You need to keep in mind that cryptocurrency is illegal in some nations while some nations approve it. Use blogs to teach users and visitors of your websites. Blogs help you to communicate relevant data about the crypto industry to your site users. It also establishes you as a reputable and reliable information source. You need to be active on social media and Q&A sites such as Reddit, and Quora where you can use users’ issues as ideas for new articles for your blog post.
- Boost visibility with Social Media Social media engagement is great for your SEO services. Make use of social media platforms to expand your business. Retaining a profile on major social media platforms will boost your authority and online presence. Your audience may be distributed across different social media platforms, so utilize the medium to boost your online presence and develop a powerful social media presence. Social media helps to produce traffic by establishing engaging volumes through pictures, videos and infographics. Encourage users to broadcast content on your platforms.
- Guest blogging on websites with high authority Guest blogging on a high authority website gives you a wider audience reach. Guest blogging is also a vital part of SEO strategy. It helps you to get quality backlinks to your websites. This helps to generate more traffic to your site, improve conversion, and also boost your domain authority. Writing guest posts on other websites is always beneficial if you want to improve your SERP ranking. Backlinks obtained from websites with high authority will improve your SEO process for your crypto site.
- Email Marketing Email marketing is a great tool for businesses. Emails can be used as part of your lead production strategy. For you to effectively utilize emails to boost your crypto business, you need to grow your subscribers’ base. You can send newsletters to your subscribers and motivate them to make use of your platform for crypto-related transactions.
Metrics to Measure SEO for Crypto Performance and Results
Having an effective SEO strategy is the first step at optimizing your crypto business web pages. You need to keep track of the SEO results as well.
SEO metrics allow you to measure the performance and effectiveness of your SEO efforts. This allows you to make corrective changes where needed based on the data obtained.
SEO metrics provide you with the required data needed to develop new strategies or improve your existing plans. There are several metrics you can track to determine the success of your SEO strategy. But it is important to stay focused on a few important ones to start with.
- Keyword Ranking Keyword ranking is an obvious but important SEO metric to measure. Keyword ranking helps you to determine your progress and it is an early signal that your SEO strategy is working or not. To see results with this metric, your website and content must be optimized to rank high in search engine results for specific crypto-related keywords. The easiest way to track your keyword ranking for keywords related to blockchain and crypto is to do a Google search. The results will show your website position for such keywords. There are several tools that you can use to track your keyword rankings, examples include Ahrefs, SEMrush, Mangools, and Moz. When measuring your SERP metrics, try to avoid vanity metrics. These include rankings for competitive keywords that are desired but too fuzzy and do not convert. When measuring your keywords ranking, you should also include search engine result page features data like featured snippets and people also ask boxes that you are ranking for.
- Click-Through Rate (CTR) Click-through rates measure the percentage of users that clicked on your website from SERP. CTR provides insights on how well you have optimized your page title and meta description and how effective it is to attract users’ attention. For example, if your crypto website appeared on a result page 100 times in a week and 20 people clicked it, your CTR is 20%. The higher your website ranks on SERP, the more clicks you tend to have. However, don’t be discouraged if you see low numbers in this metric, it means you need to optimize your titles, meta descriptions, and URLs. To improve your CTR on specific web pages, you need to;
- Match your page title to search intent
- Craft a meta description that persuades users to click and read more
- Use short descriptive URLs that contain the focus keyword
- Use structured data to improve the way your page displays in search results
You can track your website CTR directly in Google Search Console’s performance. You can also make use of Google Tag Manager to manage and deploy tracking pixels to your website. This makes it easier to track specific triggers or activities on your website.
- Bounce Rate Bounce rate represents the percentage of users that visit your website but leave without further interaction. This metric isn’t a ranking signal, but a high bounce rate could indicate a problem. Google analytics measures a visit as an interaction if the user clicks on more than one page. Tracking your bounce rate can tell if your content, lead magnet, or website layout is appealing to your target market or not. You can reduce your bounce rate by providing your site visitors with a great user experience. To do this, you need to:
- Ensure the webpage aligns with search intent
- Create quality content that makes the user want to explore your site the more
- Make the text easy to read and well-designed
- Improve page speed.
Although many believe that bounce rate is tied to your website quality, it tells everything about the user’s experience. A better metric to determine your page or website quality is scroll depth.
- Scroll Depth This metric measures how far visitors scroll down individual web pages. By tracking scroll depth, you have an idea about how much your visitors actually read, how much time they give, and how much time they are able to engage themselves with the contents. This helps you to determine if visitors are reaching the end of your content. If not, you can test different ways by making important content (such as multimedia, contact forms) higher up on your pages. You might also want to consider the quality of your content. Does it entice the visitor to continue down the page? Are you including unnecessary words? You can set up scroll depth tracking in your Google Analytics.
- Conversion Rate Conversion rates are important SEO metrics that help you to determine whether you are getting the right traffic to your website. Knowing your conversion rate will help you to measure the return on investment your website traffic can deliver. Your conversion rate represents the overall impact your SEO strategy has on your crypto business sales. Conversion rate can be applied to anything, ranging from email signup, to account creation, to making a purchase.
- Page Speed This is an important metric that largely affect other metrics. Fast page speed has been linked to higher conversion rates. Page speed is not only an important factor for your website ranking. It also impacts your conversion and bounce rates. There is a correlation between website load time and bounce rate. As the page load time goes up, the chances of a visitor leaving your site increases. Running your website through Google Page Speed Insights will help you to determine if your site is fast. A score of 100% is fast, a score of 90 or above but not 100% is considered good. A score between 50% and 90% depicts that your website needs improvement. A score below 50% is considered poor.
- Organic Traffic Organic traffic shows the number of visitors your site generates from the people that click on your web pages when they come up from search engine result pages. You should regularly track the number of organic search traffic your site gets. Organic traffic is a vital SEO metric that informs you whether your SEO strategy efforts are successful or not. If you are not getting traffic, that shows that something is not working and you need to make changes. Improvement in your organic search traffic means that your website’s visibility through keyword ranking has increased. You can track your organic traffic using Google Analytics, and SEMrush Traffic Analytics tools. You should monitor your organic traffic for both desktop and mobile. Cross-referencing your organic traffic with other SEO metrics will help to assess the quality of your traffic.
- Website Authority Your website authority’s score shows how well your domain will rank. Website domain authority score is measured on a logarithmic scale of 1 to 100. A higher score translates to more traffic and better ranking and a low domain authority may cause decreased traffic and ranking. You can use domain authority scores to compare your website to that of your competitor and make changes to your SEO strategy to aim for a higher score. Improving this metric takes a while, so don’t be discouraged if your effort doesn’t seem to yield results immediately.
- Backlinks Monitoring your backlinks gives insight into the progress of your link-building strategy. You need to pay attention to the total number of links pointing to your website or the number of unique linking root domains. You should look more closely at the quality of the backlinks and linking root domains your website has. If new sites link to your content with a strong follow link profile, it means your link-building strategy is working.
- Time Spent on Page How long users spend on your page is an important metric to watch out for. Time spent on your page measures how well your content meets the user’s intent. If a searcher looking for specific information, product, or service lands on your page and spends a lot of time there, it is an indicator that the user is satisfied. A high time on page means that your content meets the searchers’ expectations. For example, if you have a 2,500-word blog post with visitors spending 30 seconds, the chances that the content is not consumed is high. However, if a page has a low time on page, it does not necessarily mean that it is bad. It’s normal for some pages, such as the “Contact Us” pages, to have a low average time spent on each page. You can make use of Google Analytics to track the average time visitors spend on your site.
How to Track These Metrics
As you have probably imagined, there is a lot of work involved in SEO ranking. And the truth is that the work doesn’t stop when you stop. Measuring your progress with the above-mentioned metrics will help you to determine the effectiveness of your SEO strategy.
There are a lot of tools readily available to help you keep track of your website position and get the best SEO results. You can use Google Analytics to track metrics like Organic traffic and bounce rate. Google Search Console can be used to monitor CTR.
Some other tools you can use include Moz, SEMrush, and Ahref. Moz, Ahrefs, and SEMrush tools will help you with keyword ranking and domain authority.
How Long Does It Take To See Cryptocurrency SEO Results?
Performing an SEO strategy to improve your blockchain or cryptocurrency website visibility and rank high on search engine result pages is not a day job. You should make the process a marathon and not a sprint.
Your cryptocurrency SEO should be taken as an ongoing project that will not be completed. The time it would take for you to start seeing results will depend on how new your website is, how good your SEO strategy is, and your consistency in implementing it.
You should start seeing results from your SEO strategy within 4 months to a year if all things are going well. Yet, this will be influenced by your competitor and the keywords you are trying to rank for.
Implementing an SEO plan for your cryptocurrency and blockchain business will go a long way in increasing your sales and establishing you as an authority in your market. Keyword research, content publishing, and optimization amidst other SEO processes will help to improve your website ranking in SERP.
By concentrating on a good SEO strategy you are certain your website is established as an authority in the crypto niche and can contend with competitors in the same niche. Cryptocurrency SEO can be difficult to master and implement on your own for your business.
You can reach out to cryptocurrency/blockchain SEO service experts to discuss your SEO plans and goals.